Thursday, December 21, 2006

Stoopid

People are so stupid. I think even if you tried your level best you can't but find a stupid person everyday in your life. I have been very fortunate to come across tons of stupid people in my walk. Maybe its that old maxim, "birds of a feather flock together". Naa, I said I come across them, not hang out with them.

The degree of stupidity varies from titiliatingly funny to downright absurd. the former I can stand. Infact some amount of stupity is nice. It always brings a smile to one. Else I DETEST stupid people. A strong word, detest, but I just simply can't stand stupid people.

My college was filled with stupid people. Infact my lab chummie was dumb to the core. I
remember we once sat beside each other scratching our heads over a DBMS error which read something like "blah blah blah error blah blah blah at line 23 blah bla". I also hate DBMS probably explaining the reason as to why I don't remember the error. Now while I was trying to kill time by pretending to think hard our friend here actually was thinking. He was with both his hands beside his ears thinking deeeeep. After five long minutes of delibration he lets out a cry and I feign interest and look all excited. Shucks now that he has resolved the error we have to work more.
I hated him.
He finally looked at me with all his 33 teeth,
one probably popped out in his excitement, and said "I got it!", in his weird south Indian broken English accent, "There is a problem somewhere in line 23". What can I say. I just
wanted to kiss the genius.

Another idiot who arouses not only pity but curses is this guy I met in a temple. After the pooja, the poojari comes along with the prasad and the lamp. The dude next to me drops in a 100 buck note and takes back change of 80. Smart naa.

And what about the so called "designers" who make water taps that require you to have a Phd to get them to work. Even god doesn't know how many "designers" I have cursed when I stand in front of a mirror with dirty hands figuring out how the hell do I get water out of this silly looking tap. Ali Baba too would have had his hands ful at this. These "designers" just don't stop there. Nosir, they have to apply their mind to my office doors too. My favourite haunt in office, 3rd floor terrace, has one of the most stupidly designed door ever. The "pull" and "push" has been reversed. Now any door I try to open I always do it the wrong way first and then the right way. Morons.

Not to forget mention of the people who ask ridiculously stupid questions. I was in the loo and these two friends of mine entered and go "Hey!!! What are you doing here?". Or like yesterday I met my friend in Pizza Hut and he said "Chickennn!! What are you doing here man??". Are these questions worth even my precious time... but I just can't keep my mouth shut, I have to say something even if I am the only one who laughs after that. What am I doing in the men's room ? Common, of course I came here to clean the toilets. And what on earth could I be doing in Pizza Hut? Oh yea, I came to check whether they used cheese on the pizzas or just glue and dough.

My work place is not filled with erudites either. At times I feel that the HR folks have worked very hard to find the stupidest of the lot. On pointing to a networks book by Richard Stevens and asking "whose book is it?" or pointing to a Nokia 1100 phone and asking "whose mobile is it?" you shouldn't be surprised to get an answer "Richard Steven's" or "Nokia's".

Why on earth are people so stupid. Don't act all stupid with me.
I'll be nicer when you get smarter.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're a freakin genius......:-).
btw who was ur lab incharge???

peace.
HOD,LEAGUE OF POETS.
GROUP OF SMART GUYS WHO SIT N WRITE POEMS......ABOUT........
CSE,BMSCE.

7:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey that ws reely hilarious!!! U shd keep a warning above each of ur blogs saying " do not read this in ur cubicle lest ur neighbours will get to know that u r actually a fool laughing at the comp screen!!!"

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home